If you call yourself a college basketball fan, here’s thirty games you absolutely cannot miss this season. Not for a wedding, not for a funeral, not for your son’s Bar Mitzvah. There is no excuse. Get the calendar out, folks.
1. North Carolina at Duke (2/11)- A given for anyone that loves the best rivalry in sports
2. North Carolina vs. Michigan State (12/3)- This battle at Ford Field tops any other non-conference duel
3. Connecticut at Louisville (2/2)- This one could very well decide the strongest league in NCAA history
4. Notre Dame at UCLA (2/7)- A historic battle of top ten teams in the heat of conference season? Sign me up.
5. Gonzaga vs. Connecticut (12/20)- The rematch in Seattle could very well be a Final Four preview
6. Texas at Oklahoma (1/12)- The battle of Big 12 contenders begins in Norman with the first meeting
7. Michigan State vs. Texas (12/20)- This game directly follows Connecticut-Gonzaga. Not a bad December doubleheader
8. Duke at Purdue (12/2)- The Blue Devils travel to a raucous atmosphere to face the Baby Boilers in the ACC/Big Ten challenge
9. Memphis at Tennessee (1/24)- It won’t be 1 vs. 2 like last season, but surely this intense rivalry will provide another thriller
10. UCLA at Texas (12/4)- The Bruins are looking for revenge after Texas knocked them off in Pauley early last season
11. Connecticut at Notre Dame (1/24)- If the Irish are ever going to lose at home, this should be the date
12. USC at Oklahoma (12/4)- Two of my underrated teams and two of my favorite players- Griffin vs. DeRozan
13. Michigan State at Purdue (2/17)- This could determine the winner of the Big Ten and possibly a 2-seed in late February
14. North Carolina at Wake Forest (1/11)- Early enough in the conference season where Wake can shock the college hoops world
15. Gonzaga at Tennessee (1/7)- This could be very tough for the Zags. This one isn’t neutral, either…it’s in Tennessee’s backyard
16. Davidson at Duke (1/7)- Cannot wait to see what Stephen Curry has in store for the Cameron Crazies. Good luck Nolan
17. UCLA at Arizona State (2/12)- Some feel Arizona State has a chance to dethrone UCLA this season. Here’s your chance
18. Duke at North Carolina (3/8)- The only contest that repeats on this list. And, really, what else but Duke-UNC deserves it?
19. Texas at Wisconsin (12/23)- The Longhorns would love to win this huge road game after Flowers three last season
20. Wisconsin at Marquette (12/6)- One of the more underrated rivalries in college hoops. These players and fans hate each other
21. Kentucky at Louisville (1/4)- Speaking of bitter rivalries…Kentucky would love to play underdog and knock off Pitino here
22. Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s (2/12)- Don’t think for a second that the Gaels will be pushed over here, especially in their house
23. Louisville at Notre Dame (2/12)- This could be the date, also.
24. Connecticut at Pittsburgh (3/7)- Not an easy place to play for the Huskies in March. This may have BET seed implications
25. UCLA at USC (1/11)- This budding duel should reach a climax in the battle of two outstanding freshmen- Holiday vs. DeRozan
26. Purdue at Wisconsin (1/27)- The Baby Boilers marched into Madison and won last year. How about a repeat performance?
27. UNLV at Louisville (12/31)- This New Year’s Eve clash could end up being a stunner in Louisville
28. Tennessee at Florida (3/1)- Could this game decide the SEC? I wouldn’t be surprised.
29. Duke at Wake Forest (1/28)- Wake stunned the Dukies last season in Winston-Salem. They’re well-equipped to do it again
30. Kansas at Michigan State (1/10)- If KU can win this game, it could be a huge step for this young team
If I missed any, please leave them in the comments. Because I’m sure I did.